Sunday, June 27, 2010

There is light in my lady's house

"Thank God you see me the way you do, strange as you are to me"


Interesting day. Starting from the very beginning of it, I had the pleasure of having one of the better conversations I can recall having with the lovely Samantha Escobar. All things were discussed and even as the conversation concluded around five in the morning, I was ready to keep going. I ended up not being able to fall asleep for another hour or so after that. Needless to say, I woke up late. Probably somewhere in the 11:30 - 12:00 region. I woke up thinking that the day might begin well having just made this connection with someone who up until a couple weeks ago was almost a complete stranger to me. However, I woke up feeling quite the opposite. I didn't want to get out of bed. There were children yelling at the top of their lungs outside, the ice-cream truck parked across the street sat for hours emitting its insufferably repetitive jingle of "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" and it was just one of those morning when you realize that you don't actually have any reason to get up and that just makes you sad. And then after finally getting up, I start feeling all of this anxiety.

  • My car has been parked in the same place for 4 days. Is it ok?
  • I don't have a job. I haven't worked a set in a month. Running out of money.
  • How am I going to pay rent.
  • My registration is still expired. Need to get new stickers.
  • Mom is calling. What does she want? Is she going to ask if I've gotten any work? I don't want to deal with that.
  • How long do I have to live in Koreatown? I kind of hate it. So much so that I don't even want to go outside and be reminded of it unless I have to.

So just all of this shit piles up in my head, my first instinct is to start drinking or to smoke but I convinced myself that wouldn't really make it better. So I'm sitting here having a fairly bad day when my phone rings. It's Mr. Trent Ellis and he has a job for me. Almost instantly I felt better. He got me a 2nd 2nd AD job on some short for the next six days at $125 a day. Not the best rate but I'll take it.

So anyway, my day got better. And as thoughts of all of the negative things left my mind, positive ones came rushing in.

  • I'm going home in a little over a week.
  • I get to spend July 4th in California for the first time with my good friends.
  • I have friends that think of me when a job opens up.
  • I'm living on my own and getting by.
  • I just met one of the most intriguing, unique, lovely, inspiring people I've ever met and we seem to get along.
  • Things are constantly changing. New things happening. Life is being lived and I'm feeling pretty goddamn lucky to be where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment